Countryman's B3 is essential to any well-stocked pro audio toolkit. For starters, the B3 captures the highest-quality audio available in a lavalier mic, with field-selectable HF response caps and extremely low handling noise. Whether you need a tie-clip lav for an interview, a hair-hidden mic for drama, a water-resistant mic for water sports or hurricane reporting, or simply a small mic to hide in a prop flower vase, you'll never run out of applications for Countryman's B3 omnidirectional lavalier.
And that's exactly why they made the B3 so rugged. Kevlar protects its cable from excessive weight and stretching, and the mic's protective caps are extremely resistant to water, sweat, and makeup. You'd never expect such a mic to be so affordable, making the B3 one of the highest-value audio investments in your kit!
This particular model is the B3W4FF05LSL, which is compatible with the following Shure product: AXT100+, BLX1, FP1, GLXD1, PG1, PGX1, PGXD1, QLXD1, SLX1, UC1, ULX1, ULXD1, UR1, and UR1M. This mic has standard gain for most uses and comes in Light Beige.
- (1) B3 mic and cable
- (1) Windscreen
- (2) Tie clips (1 black, 1 white)
- (3) HF response control protective caps
- (1) Carrying case
- Exceptional Sound Quality: The aramid cable andultra-thin diaphragm combine to set a new standard for low handling noise.
- Versatile: comes with interchangable caps that let youchange frequency response depending on the situation.
- Can Be Used Anywhere: Works great as a body mic as well as placed in a fixed position.
- Virtually Invisible: Can be easily hidden on thebody or on set.
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz +/- 3 dB
- Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional
- Power Requirements:
- Wireless: 3V to 12V at 200 uA
- Phantom: 9V to 48V (4mA at 48V)
- Weight: .012 oz (.34 g)
- Dimensions: 0.23" x 0.18" (5.8mm x 4.6mm)
- Sensitivity: 12.0 mV/Pascal (-38 dB re 1V/Pa)
- Equivalent Acoustic Noise: 24 dBA
- Overload Sound Level:
- Wireless: 140 dBA SPL (5V, red band)
- Phantom: 150 dBA SPL (48V, red band)
- Cable Length: 5 Feet