The DPA Microphones d:vote™ CORE 4099-DC-1-199-V for Loud SPL is the ideal microphone for pickup of the violin, viola, and banjo. Elegant, lightweight, unobtrusive, and designed to stay out of the way during a passionate performance, users will truly appreciate how gently this condenser mic adheres to their prized instrument. Its mounting mechanism allows easy transfer between instruments using one hand.
Despite its tiny, discreet size and elegant, lightweight design, it's extremely rugged, and the versatile gooseneck provides stable and repeatable positioning. It can be easily unclipped and repositioned or moved to another instrument with only one hand, while the mounting system is specifically designed to never mar or scratch your instrument's finish.
Through the use of DPA's extensive adapter system (see "Adapters for wireless microphones" below), it's compatible with virtually any wireless system and can also be used as a standard 48V phantom-powered microphone via the included XLR connector.
Fleet owners of 4099s will appreciate the multiplicity of being able to use the microphone for a number of different instruments simply by moving the microphone/gooseneck part to another instrument clip from the range.
With its very flexible design for a wide variety of mounting and positioning possibilities along with its extremely natural sound, the 4099 is truly a musician’s mic without equal. It continues DPA's heritage of sonic excellence, achieving the purest reproduction of your instrument and therefore your full range of expression.
A powerful technology at the heart of DPA miniature microphones. From pianissimo to forte, you'll experience a more clear and open sound, with minimized distortion and increased dynamic range. CORE adds another layer of sound quality, from the ‘highest of the highs’ to the ‘lowest of the lows,’ further distancing these mics from their competitors.
Standard gooseneck length is 5.5" (140mm), which can be altered with the optional gooseneck extension unit, adding another 50% to the length, helping to achieve exactly the sweet spot for the instrument.
The d:vote CORE 4099-DC-1-199-V features a cable that's detachable from the gooseneck, so it's more convenient to mount the mic on an instrument before connecting it. Furthermore, the choice of different cable qualities makes it possible to tailor your mic to the specific task, such as choosing the heavy duty 2.2 mm cable for PA/Live gigs or the easier-to-hide, thinner miniature cable for personal mounting on instruments where you don't want the cable weight to interfere with your performance. In the event of cable break, service is fast and easy.
A wide range of connection adapters designed for use with the cable's integral MicroDot connector makes it possible to use DPA miniature microphones with all leading pro wireless systems available plus 48 V Phantom. DPA has specific adapters for AKG, Audio Ltd., Audio-Technica, Beyerdynamic, Electro-Voice, Lectrosonics, Micron, Mipro, Pastega, Telex ProStar, Ramsa, Samson, Sennheiser, Shure, Sony, Toa, Vega and other systems. Each adapter for your cordless microphone is guaranteed to perfectly mate to your system of choice (adapters sold separately).
DPA Microphones d:vote CORE 4099-DC-1-199-V Features:
- d:vote 4099 CORE Instrument Microphone
- Clip for Violin/Viola/Banjo
- Adapter for XLR
- 1.6mm extension cable
DPA Microphones d:vote CORE 4099-DC-1-199-V Features:
- CORE by DPA technology inside
- Supercardioid condenser microphone
- Handles high SPLs
- Superior gain-before-feedback
- Flexible and easy mounting
- Gentle and easy to mount on the instrument
- Detachable cable and a versatile gooseneck extender
DPA Microphones d:vote CORE 4099-DC-1-199-V Specifications:
- Directional pattern: Supercardioid
- Principle of operation: Pressure gradient
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Frequency range, ± 2 dB, at 7.9" (20cm): 80 Hz - 15 kHz with 2 dB soft boost at 10-12 kHz
- Sensitivity, nominal, ±3 dB at 1 kHz: 6 mV/Pa; -44 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted: Typ. 23 dB(A) re. 20 µPa (max. 26 dB(A))
- S/N ratio (A-weighted), re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): Typ. 71 dB(A)
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): < 1% up to 131 dB SPL peak
- Dynamic range: Typ. 108 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 142 dB
- Output impedance:
- From MicroDot: 30 - 40 Ohms
- From DAD4099/DAD6001-BC: 100 Ohms
- Cable drive capability: Up to 984ft (300m) with DAD4099 or DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
- Output balance principle: Signal balanced with DAD4099 or DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
- Common mode rejection ratio (CMRR): > 60 dB from 50 Hz to 15 kHz with DAD4099 or DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
- Power supply (for full performance): Min. 5 V to max. 50 V through DPA adapter for wireless systems
- Current consumption: Typ. 1.5 mA (microphone). 3.5 mA with DAD4099 or DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
- Connector: MicroDot
- Color: Black
- Weight: 0.95 oz. (27 g)
- Microphone diameter: 0.21" (5.4mm)
- Microphone length: 1.8" (45mm)
- Cable length: 5.9ft (1.8m)
- Cable diameter: 0.06" (1.6mm) / 0.09" (2.2 mm)
- Polarity: +V at MicroDot pin for positive sound pressure (and pin 2 on DAD4099 or DAD6001-BC XLR adapter)
- Temperature range: -40° F to 113° F (-40° C to 45° C)
- Relative humidity (RH): Up to 90%
- Gooseneck length: 5.5" (140mm)
- Holder: Fits instruments with a body depth between 1.4" (35mm) and 4.8" (122mm)